Dear Valued Customer,
Ricoh Electronics, Inc. expresses its deepest sympathy for the loss of life caused by the outbreak of Coronavirus and sends its best wishes for the speedy recovery of those affected and all those that find themselves in a difficult situation. As we are witnessing the pandemic spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) around the world and its rapidly-evolving negative impacts on our global citizens, we wanted to share some of the steps we are taking to help keep our employees, customers, partners, and communities healthy and safe.
Ricoh Electronics, Inc. is prepared to deploy our Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that covers the Americas and has at our disposal the Ricoh Group Global Headquarters BCP. Our internal COVID-19 Task Force, which includes the company’s CEO and its executive officers, is fully engaged in monitoring and reviewing the spread of this deadly virus through daily debriefing of the latest developments. As a result, our COVID-19 Task Force is taking actions to ensure business continuity of our operations to minimize disruptions to the supply chain of our customers.
We are updating our BCP as emerging fact-based information becomes available and operating with the health and safety of our employees, customers, partners, and our communities as our highest priority. Following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) for reducing the spread of COVID-19, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1) Employees who become ill, or whose household members become ill with COVID-19 symptoms, have been asked to stay home. We also have protocols in place for employees to self-quarantine if they or a household member has recently returned from any Level-2 or higher travel-warning locations as outlined by the CDC.
2) Visitors are screened for COVID-19 risk.
3) Business travel (including domestic) has been largely eliminated, except for business-critical and customer support/service activities.
4) Employees are encouraged to work from home temporarily, where and when possible, effective through March 31, 2020, or until further notice.
5) Employees visiting customers, suppliers and Ricoh Group subsidiary companies are well informed about social protocols to prevent or reduce the spread of this virus, including frequent and thorough hand washing and social distancing as referenced by the CDC and WHO.
Once again, Ricoh sends its best wishes to all who are impacted for a speedy recovery and hope that the virus will end quickly. We will look forward to supporting the progress of the recovery activities.
Frantz J. Pierre VP, General Manager Ricoh Electronics, Inc. Industrial Media Solutions